Thursday 21 June 2012

Symmetrical Pattern

Symmetrical Pattern 

After researching up on Alexander McQueen's dresses inspired by symmetrical pattern I decided to incorporate this design technique into some of my photographs using a Photoshop, a photo editing software. 




The symmetrical and repetition technique strongly relates to the formation of a pattern and I tried to create simple patterns using my own Photographs. 



Above is a transfer fabric print I made inspired by Islamic Patterns. 
The geometrical shape has multiple lines of symmetry in it. 


Below is one of my photographs that I duplicated into a reversed image to give the effect of a symmetrical image. I also layered the image of the fabric print that I scanned in to the computer on top of it creating a fading illusion. Here you can see how the line of symmetry in both images fit perfectly and creates an interesting visual. 




Below is another photograph of mine that I took and duplicated into a reversed image to create a line of symmetry. The bright colours and pattern of his shirt is what attracted me to him to take a photo. His appearance was very unique also. 




No comments:

Post a Comment