Tuesday 8 May 2012

Street Style Fashion ( with patterns )



Street Style Fashion ( with patterns ) 

Pattern is the repetition of an element and can be achievable through the use of colours, lines or shapes.  Colour and shape will be an important element in relation to pattern. I have decided to title my own personal project ‘Street-Style Pattern’ as I will work towards producing a project that gives attention to the efforts of everyday people from different areas and backgrounds. Focusing on their own unique style and approach towards vintage/ modern day fashion that feature pattern and print.
 

My idea for this project was influenced by one single photo (below) I took during my pathway stage project.


I chose to go to Camden in North London to take photographs and I spotted this young man naturally posing against a brick wall that stood out from the crowd.
The unusual looking tailored suit with the sharp shoulder padded blazer intrigued me. He looked confident with his unique style and laid back attitude. I asked to take a photo and he agreed to it straight away. I wish I had more time to take more photos of him but as I was taking it I was interrupting people walking by so it was a very brief encounter. 




My Tutors in College particularly liked this photo and suggested some great ideas for me to consider and be creative with. 

My proposed end point will be to create a published book that will display my street fashion photography, different patterns and distorted images with the use of reflection, rotation and translation. I would also like to create promotional material for the book by creating a banner that displays some patterned work of mine including some typography. 




No comments:

Post a Comment